Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sparrow


Out walking yesterday and I found this dead sparrow lying on the path. I was reminded of a painting I saw on Wet Canvas by William Wray last year, so brought it home and set it in this little yellow dish. It reminded me of how much I enjoy subjects like this even though they are not that popular with my friends and family...or most potential buyers! I did two paintings of octopus last year...the 'Dried Asian Octopus' is still my favorite painting to date. Guess I'm a little weird that way. I grew up in a family of men who love to hunt game. Although I don't enjoy hunting myself, I look at dead animals very objectively and often see much beauty there.

3 comments:

craigstephens said...

That is a very beautiful painting. I'm glad you weren't inhibited by the possible lack of enthusiasm from your audience. Thanks for sharing it.

Chuck Law said...

Thanks Craig,
I was hoping someone out there would like this enough to comment.

Artist of The Daily Mind said...

i also like the bird... things that have died remind us of our temporary visit here...good colors..emotive.
mike