Sunday, August 27, 2006

Surf and Turf

OK ..maybe I've gone too far with the cute/catchy titles, please forgive me, I just couldn't help myself. Does this make me less serious as an artist? I've been second guessing myself and my work waaay too much lately. It is when I start thinking too much about what I'm doing and why that I often come to a standstill.
I felt weird combining shells and leaves...because I think to myself, well they don't go together and no one will like it or want to buy it. Yet I did two small pieces last year with shells and moss ( they were snail shells I picked up in Hawaii)...and they sold rather quickly. Part of my drive to paint does have to do with approval...wether I want to admit it or not. It's when I let that feeling take over that I start to lose something...so before I start getting to introspective or philosophical let me stop here....
Here it is
8x10 oil/panel

5 comments:

Dovic 23 said...

Amazing Blog :)

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou Vamsi, I'm glad you like it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful leaves...the colors are spectacular!

Debbie

Jo Castillo said...

Here it is.. and it is a wow! Very nice, subtle. Love the title.

(I have a photo of a dead bird in the fence. Evidently fell down between the slats and couldn't get out. Oh, the agony. Anyhoo, I din't want to post it on my blog, ooooeeeee, but would send it to you, heh, heh.)

Later,
Jo

Chuck Law said...

Jo,
I come from a family of hunters ..although I don't hunt myself I find much beauty in fallen animals. "The Trumpeter Swan" by Alexander Pope is one of my favorite paintings....I'll add a link to this when I have some more time.