Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An Old Leaf....or Two

I smiled when I saw Jan's comment on " A New Leaf " last night...as I had just finished up the Little Red Leaf painting...Yes Jan I have started to think about fall. The change of seasons has always been my most powerful Muse. I'm also finding great beauty in how the fresh leaves ( that don't get a chance to "change" )reveal subtle hues of pink and grey greens as they fade and dry. These leaf paintings remind me of Georgia Okeefe ...and for some reason Thomas Hart Benton came to my mind when I was painting the Little Pink and Green one.

The Two Little Leaf Paintings are 5x7 oil on canvas.

Sold

3 comments:

Shanti Marie said...

I love your leaf paintings especially the reds... Great stuff!
shanti marie

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou for commenting Shanti Marie.
I'm glad you like them. The simple beauty of nature is a marvel.I'm so grateful that I can (when I'm lucky) capture it to share with others.
...chuck

Unknown said...

Love this Leaves series of paintings!!!