Monday, August 21, 2006

A New Leaf....or Two




Finally broke the dry spell and painted these two this afternoon. This time of year the squirrels are building thier nests and my yard fills with fallen clumps of oak leaves. It's weird how I can sometimes loose the desire to paint so strongly. I've been beating myself up over not producing anything these last few weeks. I have plenty of beautiful and interesting subjects all around me....yet they all left me cold .....until I was picking up these leaves.

5x7 oils

2 comments:

Jan Blencowe said...

Well here's the beginning of new inspiration and perhaps a new series of leaves documenting the color changes that are just around the corner. Actually here in CT some trees are already beginning to turn!! I picked up an acorn on my walk this morning and painted that, it was a lot harder than I though it would be LOL Glad to see the muse has returned.

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou Jan
The Muse returned with a Cold Front and the Creeking of Crickets.
..God I love this time of year!