Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shells and Badges


Here's the Ocean City Painting. I really toned down the badges for a couple of reasons...not sure about copyrights on the badges themselves and I don't want to do a painting thats restricted to one geographical location...but still, there is enough showing that locals would recognize the badges. Really I'm just in love (still) with the orange clams and mussel shells. I have a few details and a bit of glazing left on the wood to do...but this is pretty much finished.
I was really happy with the timing on this...Began Tuesday night, finished Sunday morning...about 12 hours "brush to canvas". A couple of years ago this would have taken me three times that amount of time. Working everyday, wether painting or drawing, has given me an increased ability to work directly and efficiently that I just couldn't imagine when I used to paint only occasionaly. The only probelm is that the more I learn how to paint...the higher ( my self set )standardard raises and the more I realize I need to learn. I find myself having to make harder and harder choices in choosing what to paint...but that should be another post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish if i can share my art reserch portal with you.