Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Same Place Last Year


..I didn't get a picture of myself at the CapeMay show this year, but I can show you last year's. That was the first time I had shown my work publicly in almost ten years....I was so nervous. New paintings and a new Tent!!! I didn't sell a lot, but I sold a couple of more expensive paintings that made it a much better show financialy then this years'. I know these outdoor shows can be unpredictable and when I do them I always keep my expectations pretty open...that way I can have a good time.Interaction with the public and other artists is always an interesting experience, and just spending the day looking at the Ocean is a pleasure.
..My next show is in two weeks in the City Of Ventnor which is the town next to Atlantic City here at the Jersey Shore. I'm looking forward to this one, my Fathers Grandfather was City Clerk of Ventnor for 25 years back in the 30s & 40s so I have a real feeling of roots in that town. Plus I lived there myself for 13 years back in the 80s. A nice town with a great boardwalk and a beautiful view of the Atlantic City Sklyline!
..Check in tomorrow for a pic of the Watermelon painting I finished tonight.

No comments: