Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two Christmas Balls


6x8 oil panel
Always fun to slip in the subtle self portrait in reflective subjects!



I have two holday shows coming up. Man this time of year comes on like gangbusters. It's a very busy time in the flower shop as well. As usual in life...everything always happens at once. A good time of year to make money, but I can't wait for January when I can devote the month to painting. Winter is a time when I can do larger paintings. These small ( almost) daily pieces are wonderful practice, but I really like working large as well.

3 comments:

J. Nijholt-Strong said...

Chuck this is excellent! The inclusion of your self-portrait took this "little one" out of the ordinary and into wonderful.

We wish you much success in your upcoming shows... so you can really enjoy January! :o)

Finn, Sacha and of course, Judy.

Michael Naples said...

This painting is great. Great reflection.

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou friends. I've been a bit under the weather lately and remiss in responding to my comments. I always appreciate the feedback, it lets me know I'm not alone out here!