Saturday, November 11, 2006

Second Study of Old Garage Window

SOLD
Most days for the last month I've looked out the window as the sun sets and been facinated by the light on the flag peeking through my old garage, Today I set up the paints on the bathroom sink and set to it...here's the result. I didn't realize until someone pointed it out later that this is a rather appropriate subject for Veterans Day....Although I'd rather see the flag flying high in honor of the men and women who have served ( and died) for this country ( and others).
My lines are rarely straight in my attempts at architecture and the photo set things on a further tilt, but the feeling is there I think. This would probably make a good larger piece with more time and attention. 8x10 oil/panel

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I like this. Interesting composition and as you say, appropriate for today.
Jo