Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ramblin Rose


This is a commission from last August. The actual name of the rose is Alexander Rose..an old time rambling variety. When a friend of an associate needed a baby gift for a new girl named Alexander Rose, I was lucky enough to have one growing/and blooming in my garden. This was 9x12 oil on panel, sold for 150.00 to a very happy customer.
I did well at the outdoor show in Cape May "phew"...it was a wonderful venue with perfect weather, shady trees and a good mix of people interested in Art. Cape May is a beautiful Victorian Town on the southernmost tip of New Jersey. I was earnestly looking to relocate there about 10 years ago, They have a great Art League...then I injured my back and decided to stay put...still it's a nice place to visit and only a 45 minute drive down the parkway.
Some sunflowers are in the studio begging to be painted so off I go....


p.s.I posted the rose because I like to show an image with every post...and I have plenty on file :).

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Chuck, that is a gorgeous rose. What a lovely baby gift. You did good!

Like to see your posts and images, you know!

Later,
Jo

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou Jo
I always appreciate your comments.

Angela Weddle said...

Chuck, this has almost a watercolor or guache feeling to it, especially the background. It's very soft. A perfect gift.

Schuivert said...

Very neat Chuck... nice to see, lucky owner!