Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Discarded Styles: From the Vault 1985


I used to work in this cubist type style on occasion back in the eighties when my painting was at it's lowest ebb ( wouldn't produce anything for months at a time ).
This Gazebo painting was done for a juried contest I saw in the paper. It was not accepted, I was crushed ( heheheh ). I did not intend for it to look like a church although that's what most people saw. Years later my Niece saw it and asked if she could have it, it has hung in her bedroom ever since. It's acrylic on masonite 12 x18.
I am deep into Mother's Day floral work this week. My client picked up the boat painting that was comissioned a few months ago. I realized after she left that I did not get a photo. Argh!! I'm very close to finishing the large Clams III painting. I've never spent so much time on a single work and I doubt if I ever will again. I kept thinking of all the other paintings I might have completed in the time I've spent ( 4 months ) on this piece. Look for a post about it after Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is a great scene, nice that your niece has it. We are all looking forward to the finished clams. :)
Jo

Jo Castillo said...

P.S.
You have been blogged/tagged. Hope you can tag along. The rules are on my blog today.my blog

See ya,
Jo