Thursday, February 15, 2007

From the Vault


I've been working over-time at the part-time floral job ...Valentine's Day...or as I like to call it ; "Rose Hell"! No painting for the last 4 days, so I thought I'd post one "from the vaults".


This one was created in the summer of 1987, although it is signed and dated later...after some minor adjustments in 93'. While it is certainly not the best of my work it has importance to me because it was the first piece with which I felt obsessed by a flat over-all pattern of surface. The idea of scattering objects would follow 5 years later. Someone had given me a set of cork placemats, I found the odd looking piece of coral on the beach in Brigantine....the island north of Atlantic City. Hence the title "Brigantine Coral". It is painted with Acrylics, ten years before I began working in oils. The size is 18x24

No comments: