Thursday, December 28, 2006

Flowered Mermaid

SOLD

Back to the Mermaids, I think I have six more to go! This one is another 5x7






























I've spent several days now playing around with the big piece. I do the background in acrylic...mostly primer. It enables me to make changes quickly in color and composition. I'm now satisfied with the comp. There are small dark mussel shells in the setup that will be added later...maybe. It's very exhilerating working large again....36x48". Fun also to play with the paint in a free abstract way. This style of "Scatter Painting" satisfies my craving for abstract work as well as intense realism.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Chuck,
The mermaid is a good one! Fun! The shell piece is looking great. Good way to start the New Year, hope yours is great all around.
Jo

Larry Seiler said...

like this one, Chuck...something about it...

Chuck Law said...

Thankyou Jo and Larry.
Fewer brushtrokes in this one Larry..heheheh. That and a more limted, but warmer palette then I used in some of the previous works in this series. The client really likes this one as well.