Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Show Time

I havent done any painting in a few days. I spent Monday hanging my show with the help of two good friends. I was back there again yesterday adding a few things. Friday is the opening reception. I'm excited and also perhaps a little preoccupied on how to parlay this event into a marketing/career booster. I haven't earned an hourly wage since last summer and there's a lot of underlying financial anxiety in my life right now...I knew this was part of the deal when I decided to become an artist. It just feels better to write about it now and then. There. I don't like to let negativity seep into my blog, will probably delete this shortly. I couldn't have produced half of the fine paintings I did if circumstances were different.

3 comments:

Kat said...

I am sure you will do well. It is understanding to be having this sort of anxiety, especially these days. I will be thinking of you and hoping for a big sale!

Jani Lori said...

It is good to vent...doesn't sound negative....just honest. Hope all goes well with the show...you deserve it!

DBP said...

I struggle with that every single day.