Thursday, August 23, 2007

Unblock Knives


5 1/2" x 12" oil/birchwood panel

It's been raining for the last five days. I guess this makes up for the drought conditions this summer...anyway I sold the comish without getting a photo. Today is the first day I've been able to take a picture outside...but will I invest in a scanner? someday perhaps. I was going to do some outdoor painting this week, but that was dashed. Then I found myself feeling totally uninspired by everything, including the two works in progress. I brought home really nice flowers...but they just left me cold...so I caught up on paper and house work and felt guilty and miserable the last few days because I wasn't painting. I've been going through my regular mental "clench" over painting what I think others want me to paint ( and what I think will sell) and painting what moves me regardless. Today I gave in and did these knives...they are what I use to do my floral design work. After finishing this I got back into the water-pistol painting with a new and fresh state of mind. I'll try to get a picture of that one tomorrow.
...........til then

No comments: